Sunday, October 21, 2012

Losing a job, but gaining focus...

There's nothing worse then losing your job RIGHT when you feel like so many other things are going wrong in your life. 

And that's exactly what happened to me last Monday. Coupled with health problems, friends having cancer, losing other friends.... it's just been a recipe for depression.

But I haven't sunk. In fact two days after I lost my job I attended a conference for Marketing (a field that I REALLY want to work in) and it made me open my eyes to just how miserable I had been BEFORE losing my job. So not having a job has actually gotten me OUT of that misery!

The lost friends have finally freed me so I don't feel tied down in this area anymore. Not to mention those "friendships" were toxic and terrible! Again, a GOOD thing that comes from a supposedly bad situation!

I have this strange sense of calm and serenity... of focus!

I'm finally seeing what exactly I want in my life. Where I want my career to head and what I want my financial situation to be. What kinds of people and friends I want to surround myself with. How I want to take care of myself! I FINALLY have the focus to do something about it. 

I had felt so completely trapped in that job, unable to gain momentum forward. I felt trapped by these people who said they were "good people" but really they were dark and evil and full of lies and hate. 

My heart feels free. My mind feels free. I feel free.

I have a handful of opportunities that opened up for me in the coming weeks because of attending that conference. It's almost ironic that I had signed up for it!

The pictures below are just a few of many that I have that inspire me day in and day out. The first is a sunset in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This picture doesn't really completely do it justice just how beautiful and calming it is there. It's where my heart is 100%.


This other little photo was sent to me from a friend because she knew I loved the quote, that I love being fit AND that I love big cats! (Apparently it's from a Facebook page, Benefits of Giving? Having to do with running?) I'm not even a big runner (it hurts my knees and feet!) but I DO love the whole aspect of being physically fit and eating right... Plus let's be honest... You shouldn't ever have to change who you are for someone, run wild and free and be yourself until someone else comes running along with you and can actually keep up!  :)


No matter how bad it seems to get, no matter how dark the days seem, no matter how down you may feel, just remember that you are on the correct path. Everything happens for a reason. You may not see what that reason is right now, but a month from now, a year from now, 20 years from now, one day it'll click, and you will realize why you had to go through that crappy situation.

Right now I'm relishing in feeling free. I haven't felt like this since I was a little kid and it feels AMAZING! It's like when people use to ask you what you wanted to be when you grew up and you had ALL the possibilities in the world! That's how I feel. No limits. No fear. No regrets. Just freedom!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment