For all of my teen and adult life I have had THE shortest lashes. I use to PILE on the volume mascara! It was pretty time consuming and a real pain to make it look like I had a decent amount of lashes surrounding these baby hazels. LOL.
And as I approach the age of 30 I could tell they were getting more sparse. Maybe it was lack of nutrients? Maybe it was just age? I didn't know. But I DID know I didn't like it.
When I signed up for a few rounds of laser hair removal (maybe I'll write a post about that sometime?) the questionnaire I had to fill out beforehand had a list of other procedures and products that I might be interested in. I had heard of Latisse before and what it was. I was just a little afraid of it because of some of the possible side effects.
Possible side effects:
Darkening of eye color (PERMANENTLY)
Darkening of skin color around the eye (Not permanent)
Vision changes
The lady at the medspa I was having my laser treatment assured me I had nothing to worry about and that most patients saw results with NONE of the side effects listed. SO I caved and bought a bottle of it since I was so tired of having ZILCH for eyelashes.
Instead of using the little pre-packaged brushes that it comes with I took a teeny tiny paintbrush and actually trimmed it even smaller to use with the Latisse. (I sterilize it with alcohol after every use).
It took about two months before I REALLY started to see results. And BOY were the results awesome! I've gotten so many compliments on my lashes. They're longer and I don't need to use as much mascara now. Some people see results in which the lashes are thicker and there are more of them. I didn't really see that, I just saw mine get loooooonger.
Here's a before and after. Don't mind my goofy faces. The one on the top is from a little over a year ago (it was the only decent one I had up close) and the one on the bottom I took today (I'm defintiely not as tan as I use to be! haha!) In both pics I have my usual crooked smile! LOL
As you can see I have LOADS of lashes in the picture on the bottom. I love Latisse! They say one little bottle is suppose to only last a month. But because I use my own tiny brush I have had one bottle last 3-4 months! It's TOTALLY worth it to me! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment