I've been unemployed going on 3 months now. I've had a few interviews, but the majority of times I don't hear a peep from companies I apply to. I'd say the most frustrating experience was the company that asked me to do an online video recorded "interview" (more like a pre-screening) where I recorded my answers to five questions with my webcam (I actually had to dress as if I was going to a face-to-face interview) and then wait to hear back from the company regarding my answers...
I heard back within the hour of sending it... to set up a phone interview for the very next day. I got the call at 11am the next day and the recruiter goes on to tell me that I had had the best video of all the candidates, and that I really knew what I was doing, but since I had JUST graduated in December 2012 that they REQUIRE 1 year post graduation experience before they can consider me.....
wait.... what??? I have over TEN YEARS experience..... not only that but you could PLAINLY see that I graduated in December on my LinkedIn profile (which is how I had to apply to the position).... so WHY did you even contact me regarding the video interview and phone interview??????
So frustrating.
As inconvenient and annoying and frustrating as it is to be unemployed and searching for a job I have ended up focusing most of my energy on a BIG goal that I've been pondering for a little over a year...
That is to enter a bodybuilding competition.
NOT the big, beefy, manly looking kind of competition. I'm entering into the Bikini Division of the NPC...
The bikini division is the most feminine "look" of all the divisions. But don't let that fool you, it's still just as much work as the other divisions. I'm eating every 2-3 hours. Working out 45-90 minutes a day. Incorporating a LOT of weight training into my training sessions.... and absolutely testing my willpower and mental strength.
It's not just about getting a good workout in the gym 5-6 days a week. The biggest part is your diet. Eating the right foods, at the right time of day to really maximize the gains you see in the gym. Most people don't realize that WHEN you eat is almost as important as WHAT you eat...
I have mulled this idea over for awhile. I had so many health issues in 2012 I never got around to it. Now that this new year has started and I just graduated AND I'm unemployed.... might as well turn this dream into a tangible goal....
It's January 9th and I am aiming for a local show on March 30th. I'm going to be working my BUTT off to be ready for that show. I may even post progress pictures on here to inspire and motivate others to make changes just like me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment